Leeds, West Yorkshire
£20000 - £25000 per annum + study support and excellent benefits
about 1 year ago
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has ideally completed their AAT qualification and has either started or is looking to start their ACCA/CIMA studies. The ideal candidate will have had exposure to accruals/prepayments and journals and will be keen to develop and progress within management accounts over time.
The successful candidate will join an international, well known and respected professional services business that support a diverse range of businesses.
This is a newly created position that has arisen due to year on year growth and is an opportunity to join a company that pride themselves on their high levels of staff retention and offer a clear support and development programme for the successful candidate.
This role will report into and work closely with the Head of Finance and will allow exposure to key stakeholders and the wider finance team on a daily basis.This role will suit an individual who has a solid and proven accounting background, has a strong work ethic and is really looking to develop and grow with the business long term.
The successful candidate will gain full study support and will have exposure to a hands on finance team that can really develop their finance and accounting experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:-
-Production of accruals, prepayments and journals
-Completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
-Updating the fixed asset register
-Preparing statutory returns and supporting on the tax side
-Supporting with the delivery of annual financial statements for all areas of the business
-Working closely with key stakeholders within finance and across the wider business to ensure costs are appropriately allocated and transactions are accounted for
-Carrying out and completing reporting tasks for the finance team and providing associated analysis
-Ensuring all financial procedures and processes are compliant at all times
-Working towards strict targets and deadlines especially around month end
-Assisting in the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have extremely good communication skills, will be confident presenting themselves to senior management and will be able to challenge ideas when needed.
- Be able to develop and build relationships with customers both internal and external.
- Ideally be studying AAT or will be AAT qualified and will be keen to develop a career in finance.
- Will have experience of accruals, prepayments and journals.
- Have experience of working within an accounting team and have an understanding of the demands of this type of role.
- Be able to work within a fast paced, deadline orientated environment.
- Have excellent attention to detail and will pick up new skills quickly.
- Have strong Word and Excel skills.
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough.
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.