Barnsley, South Yorkshire
£28000 - £30000 per annum
5 months ago
Sewell Wallis are working with an industry leader in their search for a Management Accountant. The opportunity sits within an established and personable team, so we're looking for someone switched on with a good grasp on management reporting.
The role is available on a 9 month contract, duties include;
* Assistance with production of accurate and timely monthly financial information in line with divisional and group reporting deadlines;
* Providing support to the operations team, including direct site liaison and frequent site visits;
* Day-to-day management of the financial ledgers, including balance sheet;
* Fully understanding the contractual obligations, commercial model and performance targets for the operation, including the payment cycle;
* Raising risks, issues and opportunities to the FM in a timely manner;
* Providing financial insight to the FM and the operational teams through detailed analysis of actual and forecast results;
* Assisting with all aspects of the annual budgeting and forecasting processes;
* Providing financial training to operational staff, as appropriate.
Relevant qualifications and experience the ideal candidate will require
Prior accounting experience required. Candidates expected to be studying towards an accounting qualification. Strong IT knowledge, especially Excel.
Attention to detail, financial & commercial awareness and an ability to build relationships through effective communication.
For more information please contact Faith Collins
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.