We are supporting an extremely successful, family run business on the outskirts of York - based in a beautiful, picturesque location! - to recruit for an experienced Management Accountant to join them on a 9 month fixed term contract initially to cover maternity, on a part-time basis. Working 3 days per week, in the office.
The contract does have high potential to extend, or even go permanent for the right person as they are a growing business, and there will be plenty of support, as the position is working alongside the Financial Controller and the FD.
Some of the duties:-
- Production of monthly management accounts for review by the Senior Management Accountant and Financial Controller
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, including inter company balances
- Reconciliation of various tracker spreadsheets to nominal ledger
- Preparation and input of monthly journals - including accruals and prepayments, deferred and accrued income, depreciation, salaries analysis
- Raising invoices for recharges and reimbursements
- Regular review of aged debtors and creditors, invoices on hold
- Part Qualified OR QBE
- Experience in the preparation of monthly accounts in accordance with reporting deadlines
- Strong excel skills - exporting data, using pivot tables and filters to interrogate data
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a small team
Some of the benefits:-
- Free parking on site
- Flexibility with start/ finish times and days worked per week
- Great flexible benefits; i.e. health care scheme
Please contact Chloe Wilford if you are interested.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful. Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.