Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35000 - £39000 per annum
6 days ago
This is a hands on role in a pressurised and demanding role which will suit someone experienced and ready for a challenge in a large and welcoming team.
- Perform the general ledger function, month-end close process, account reconciliations, manual journal entries, etc.
- Report on causes of variances and resolve issues directly with relevant departments
- Submission of monthly management accounts to Group Finance
- Develop the separated balance sheet for management
- Formalise the reconciliation for the balance sheet accounts
- Daily and weekly reporting to the management teams and branches on key business performance metrics where necessary
- Monthly reporting covering P&L and Working Capital performance
- Support the quarterly production of the Business Performance Review pack
Analysis and decision support
- Analyse financial performance, identifying trends and variances, and communicating findings in the appropriate way
- Preparing business plans and base cases for initiatives and projects, conduct initiative tracking and post-implementation reviews
- Act as the key contact to the shared service functions in the transition period
- Interpreting data, and creating usable information, proactively highlighting trends and potential problems
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial Managers
Based in Sheffield with excellent transport links, this is a brilliant opportunity to join an established business with a dominant reputation in it's sector.
For more information please contact Faith Collins
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.