Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£45000 - £50000 per annum
6 months ago
6 months +
You will take a lead for the financial systems in the UK and for the overseas subsidiary. The successful candidate will also provide expert insight and support to the organisation with costing and pricing of our projects, services and products. You will work with the Group Director of Finance to manage the finance function for the Group to ensure it follows best practice in charity accounting and meets all its statutory obligations while providing an excellent finance service to the staff and Board of the Group.
Duties will include;
- Produce annual budgets and long term financial forecasts including our financial strategy and reserves policy for the Group
- Ensure effective management of the cashflow and treasury management
- Ensure that monthly management accounts, VAT, statutory and other returns are prepared accurately and on time
- Ensure that annual financial statements are prepared and agreed with the auditors
- Support the Finance Manager and Finance Officer in managing the day to day recording and reconciling of all transactions
- Ensure appropriate controls and internal audit checks are implemented to safeguard the organisation's assets
- Liaise auditors, bankers, Tax authorities, Charity and
- Ensure effective GST, payroll and other returns are completed
- Work with staff across the organisation to develop effective models for costing our products and services and for developing bid budgets and funding proposals
- Advise staff on appropriate pricing strategies based that balance our need to be both commercial and a social enterprise, setting up appropriate tools and providing information to improve decision making in the way we develop prices
- Will be a qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Will ideally have a background working in charity, not for profit or the public sector
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to lead a small finance team in a similar role
- Have excellent excel skills
- Will have international accounting experience
For more information please contact Faith Collins
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.