£35000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
This is a great opportunity to join a successful business in a hands on role, leading a small team. We're keen to find someone with a manufacturing background with excellent stock and cost accounting experience.
Key responsibilities include;
* Management of the Accounts department including managing the accounts workload, reviewing personal work schedules and holiday plans to ensure full cover for all duties at all times, ensuring deadlines are always met, and that all holidays are taken at mutually agreeable times.
* Review daily cash availability to ensure sufficient Euro coverage, process Euro purchases, and payments in other currencies (eg, USD).
* Liaise with Plant Administrators to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed correctly in a timely and professional manner and relay issues back to the Administration Director.
* Review spreadsheets monthly to reconcile data, make corrections and post journals for stock movements, utility accruals, transport accruals, agency staff accruals, assets and depreciation, standing charges, tooling, payroll, recharges and others as required.
* Review weekly P&L information and distribute copies to the Plant Managers and other stakeholders as required.
* Reconcile and file online statutory returns and statistic data as required including monthly Intrastat, quarterly VAT returns and PAYE submissions.
* Carry out month end procedures to close ledgers, ensure data is complete and make corrections where needed.
* Prepare weekly and monthly management accounts for review by the Director and assist with the preparation of yearend accounts and audit files.
* Manage the Accounts file structure on the server and set up new month end/ year end files as needed
Suitable candidates will;
* Full ACCA or CIMA qualification (or nearing qualification)
* Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and accounts software.
* Excellent writing, analytical and problem‐solving skills.
* Ability to manage and train a team of people effectively.
* Knowledge and experience of manufacturing processes, systems and stock control.
* Knowledge and experience of managing imports/exports and related customs paperwork would be desirable.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.