Job descriptionWe're working with a well-established, reputable client based in Rotherham, currently recruiting for a Finance Business Partner to join their growing team!
As a Finance Business Partner, you will be responsible for the production of monthly accounts. This role will work closely with the Finance Director to ensure accurate financial reporting, maintenance of financial records, and reconciliation of accounts. This role is working as part of a dynamic and sociable team who work collaboratively in a friendly and supportive environment. The company will offer study support for the right candidate along with competitive salary + bonus.
Finance Business Partner duties:
* Production of monthly management accounts and supporting schedules, including the review and explanation of variances to budget/forecast/previous year.
* Maintenance of the fixed asset model for timely extraction of half-year and year-end summaries.
* Maintenance of the cash book and daily bank reconciliation.
* Matching purchase invoices to system purchase orders raised.
* Effective management of the purchase ledger, ensuring supplier data is maintained, expenditures are properly authorised, and payments are made in line with agreed terms.
* Completion of half-year and year-end audit files to agreed timescales.
* Participation in warehouse stock takes to ensure accuracy.
* Ownership of the margin report, identifying anomalies and conducting product reviews.
* Review of stock price files to ensure accurate invoicing.
* Monthly stock reconciliation.
* Identification of areas for improvement.
* Management of credit card statements, including expenditure analysis and VAT processing.
* Prior experience in management accounting.
* IT literate and comfortable using accounting software.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at different levels.
If this role sounds of interest then please get in touch with your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.