£50000 - £55000 per annum + + 40% bonus + 10% pension
about 1 month ago
Amongst a highly sought after benefits package, this business offers a hybrid approach to working with the flexibility to work from home two days a week. They also offer a relocation assistance package for those that are considering applying who don't already live in close proximity to Edinburgh.
Its a truly exciting time to join a growing business who can offer long term career progression prospects. Working as part of the commercial finance function the successful candidate will;
* Be responsible for the provision of complete and accurate budgets, forecasts and variance analysis for agreed operated and non-operated Upstream assets, working to agreed timetables on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
* Ensure that variances (actuals versus budgets/ forecasts and actuals vs AFEs) are fully explained and communicated to relevant internal and external stakeholders
* Responsible for Opex cost analysis and KPI monitoring (e.g., $/ BOE), adopting a continuous improvement approach and recommending changes to KPIs, where appropriate, in line with asset Lifecyle stage
* Review monthly timewriting versus expectations for areas of responsibility and ensure quarterly approvals for operated assets are completed to timetable
* Responsible for the preparation of presentations/ summaries of information (manpower/ timewriting/ costs) for various internal (asset reviews/ budget reviews/ QPRs/ adhoc requests) and external (TCM/ FCM/ OCM) meetings
* Ensure financial requirement compliance of Licences, Joint Operating Agreements, Production Sharing Agreements or Contracts, and other relevant agreements or legislation as required
* Review and update, where necessary, policies, processes and procedures documents and recommend changes, where appropriate
Suitable candidates will:
- Be a qualified Accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with experience working in the Oil and Gas sector - supply or operational considered
- Joint Venture Accounting knowledge would be ideal
- Reporting and analysis experience
- Strong systems and data manipulation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.