£42000 - £45000 per annum + great benefits
4 months ago
- Responsible for the review and management of the corporate cost base (c£60m)
- Liaising with the accountants for entities to ensure that actuals are submitted on time, and variances to budgets and forecasts are explained.
- Business partnering with the departmental heads for each of these functions to provide them with detail of their performance and assist them in preparing forecasts and budgets.
- Review of run rate costs, the identification of potential savings for year to go and the communication of these savings upwards to group management and also to the functional department heads.
- Review and approval of balance sheet reconciliations to ensure integrity of financial statements.
- Preparation of corporate costs for the month, with commentary on variances against forecast, budget and prior year.
- Liaison with the project manager of the UK system implementation project to ensure that costs are correctly reflected in the monthly accounts.
- Running models for recharge of global costs to the businesses across the group.
- Preparation and review of the budget and the 5 Year Plan with the functional department heads, assisting with analysis and employee cost schedules, and uploading the financials to the group consolidation system.
- Liaising with the external auditors during the yearend audit.
You will already be fully qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with at least one year PQE, with a comprehensive understanding of financial accounting and knowledge of financial IT systems, preferably SAP. You will also:
- Have advanced Excel skills including good modelling skills.
- The ability to work across different teams.
- Have experience in creating and modifying financial models for reforecasting and sensitivity analysis.
- Thrive under pressure, manage exacting priorities and have a keen eye for detail.
For more information please contact Faith Collins
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.