Leeds, West Yorkshire
£15000 - £17500 per annum + Competitive benefits package
about 1 year ago
This role will be focused more around dealing with and processing of cheques and the cash management side of the business but will provide exposure to both the processing and billing teams. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with limited accountancy and finance experience to get into a large company where there is real opportunity to develop and progress over time. The role will suit someone who is able to work towards targets and deadlines and will be happy working autonomously. Full training and support will be provided.
The main duties of the role will include:-
- Processing in excess of 500 purchase invoices and credit notes per month.
- Matching and coding purchase invoices onto the system.
- Prioritising supplier payments and making sure the ledger is updated for payment.
- Calculating VAT payments.
- Dealing with supplier queries and being first point of contact over the telephone.
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations.
- Completing reconciliations.
- Assisting with the payment runs on a weekly basis.
- Setting up new suppliers and maintaining existing account details.
- Maintaining relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Carrying out ad-hoc tasks such as month end reporting and assisting within other areas of finance as and when required.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have some basic accountancy experience or will have worked within an office environment before
- Be self-motivated and enjoy working in a fast paced environment and enjoy working towards deadlines
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Want to start a career in accountancy or finance and will be happy to learn and develop new skills
In return you will:-
- Receive the rare opportunity to join a company that will invest in you and train you in a new industry if you don't have any experience
- Gain access to a great benefits package which includes a subsidised canteen, travel and leisure discounts and 23 days holiday
For more details please contact Gemma Watmough.
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.