Manchester, Greater Manchester
£26000 - £32000 per annum
24 days ago
This is a newly created role that has emerged due to continuous business growth and expansion and is a great time for a competent Credit Control Team Supervisor/Team Leader to join a business that really do like to develop and progress their employees. This company pride themselves on the comfortable working environment and generous benefits and incentive package that they provide for their employees and are therefore renowned for their high levels of staff retention.
The role will report directly into an impressive and approachable Credit Manager and the successful candidate will have full autonomy and responsibility over one area of the credit control team.
The key responsibilities of the role will be :-
* Leading and managing between 6 - 8 Credit Controllers with plans for this to grow and expand as the business develops
* To maximise the recovery of amounts in accordance with contractual terms whilst providing a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients
* Day to day overseeing and distributing workload out to the team and ensuring that daily and weekly targets around cash collection and debtor days are being met and exceeded
* Responsible for dealing with all complex or problematic queries that have been escalated
* Maintaining strong financial controls in the processing of all transactions
* Providing hands on support when needed in terms of calling clients to chase for outstanding monies and allocating cash to the ledger over month end or busy periods
* Implementing new processes and procedures as and when required and providing full training and support to new and existing members of the team
* To motivate and inspire the team and to encourage a results driven environment
* Monitoring the team's performance on a regular basis and addressing performance issues when needed
* Holding regular one to ones with the team, documenting outcomes and tracking individual performance
* Looking after a small portfolio of key clients to demonstrate best practice within the team
* Able to lead various projects whilst managing the team
The ideal candidate will:-
* Have previous experience of debt management within a busy credit function
* Have strong analytical and Excel skills and will be able to interpret and manipulate data
* Be comfortable working in a fast paced, high volume, target driven environment
* Have proven experience of motivating and leading a team and will be able to identify performance goals and be able to implement change to achieve continuous improvement
* Be able to demonstrate successfully managing multiple tasks and priorities
* Have strong time management skills and will have excellent interpersonal skills
* Be able to implement strategic initiatives across credit and collections
* Have a flexible approach to working hours and will be happy working additional hours when needed
For more information please contact Gemma Watmough
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.