£30000 - £35000 per annum + great benefits
21 days ago
* Manage the accounts staff to ensure work is completed accurately and on time, correcting errors, and reporting issues and provide cover for their roles where necessary, including payroll, HR, sales ledger, purchase ledger, order processing, stock management, journals, cashbook and banking.
* Review daily cash flow, Euro coverage, process Euro purchases, and payments in other currencies.
* Liaise with other sites to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed correctly.
* Posting journals for stock movements, utility accruals, transport accruals, agency staff accruals, assets and depreciation, standing charges, payroll, recharges.
* Review weekly P&L information and distribute to stakeholders as required.
* Reconcile and file online statutory returns and statistic data as required including monthly Intrastat, quarterly VAT returns and PAYE submissions.
* Carry out month end procedures to close ledgers, ensure data is complete and make corrections where needed.
* Prepare weekly and monthly management accounts and assist with the preparation of yearend accounts and audit files.
* Assist with software, processes and system development and continuous improvement.
- Experience in a similar role within manufacturing or FMCG
- Experience in management
- This post would suit someone studying ACCA/CIMA, qualified or QBE
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.