£19000 - £23000 per annum + benefits
24 days ago
This is an extremely varied role, providing full exposure to all aspects of accounts and would suit someone who is able to work towards deadlines and manage their own workload. The successful candidate will join a reputable company that really do care about their employees and you will be given training and development.
You will be responsible for all aspects of transactional accounting including:-
- Ensuring completion of purchase orders for all expenses
- Ensuring all purchase orders have correct authority before goods are ordered
- Invoice approvals, validations and adjustments
- Maintaining both the sales and purchase ledgers and being first point of contact for any queries
- Being main point of contact for an oversees colleague and supporting them with any queries
- Issuing correct invoices within company time frames and posting cheques and BACS accurately onto the ledger
- Reviewing ledger on a daily basis to ensure all balances are less than 7 days and to resolve any outstanding issues with relevant parties
- Responsible for assisting with the credit control side, however this is a smaller part of the role and is more email based
- Carrying out bank reconciliations
- Dealing with different currencies on a daily basis
- Cash book postings and daily banking
- Management of the company's credit cards and cash incentive process
- Generating payment runs and processing petty cash
- Inputting and posting entries to the cashbook and processing cash receipts and allocating to the ledger
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have all round accountancy experience within a similar role
- Be self motivated and enjoy working in a fast paced environment working to deadlines
- Have good Excel and system skills
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Have a hands on approach and will keen to support the wider team
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.