Leeds, West Yorkshire
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Study Support
10 months ago
With offices based on the outskirts of Leeds, this business has experienced a strong period of growth and as a result are looking to grow the long standing, existing team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone that has worked within transactional finance to gain exposure to a role where they will gain full study support and will be involved in the production of management accounts.
Full training and support will be provided for the right candidate.
As a Trainee Assistant Management Accountant, you will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller and your main duties will initially include but are not limited to the following:-
Key responsibilities of the role are:-
- Supporting in the production of monthly management accounts including journals, reconciliations, variance analysis and accounts preparation.
- Assisting in year end accounts.
- Maintaining and updating control accounts including calculation of monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Ad-hoc project work and financial analysis as required.
- Assisting with the preparation of MI for senior management and monitoring costs and identifying ways of cost saving.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Analysis of credit card and cash expenses.
- Reconciling data.
- Assisting with the payroll function in the absence of the Credit Manager.
- VAT returns and P11D preparation.
- Providing support to the Senior Management team as and when required.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have experience of working within a Finance team and will have a desire to progress within the industry.
- Want to study alongside working (CIMA/ACCA)
- Be looking to join a growing business that will allow you to progress whilst supporting your studies.
- Have excellent IT skills, with strong Excel skills.
- Have experience of working within a similar role
- Be able to work within a fast paced environment.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Have excellent communication skills.
For more information please contact Gemma Watmough
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.