Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£24000 - £32000 per annum + benefits
19 days ago
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the day-to-day compliance of their department and will undertake the full range of cashiering procedures and assist other members of the team as required. This role is based on the outskirts of Harrogate city centre and there is an attractive benefits package provided.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:-
* Entering cash onto ledgers
* Processing of CHAPS, BACS, Faster Payments and inter-account transfers
* Processing client to office transfers for payment of bills
* Checking bills and completion statements
* Entering supplier invoices
* Raising, checking and arranging for signature of cheque payments
* Credit control
* Processing monthly payroll using Sage payroll software and preparing statutory returns including PAYE and NIC
* Assisting the Accounts team in day to day general accounting duties
* Assisting the Accounts team with month end and year end duties
* Providing cover for other members of the team during absences
* Dealing with queries from fee earners and support staff
* Providing additional support to the Financial Controller, Directors or other staff as required
* Ensuring compliance with the SAR, Money Laundering Regulations and VAT requirements in all aspects of the role
The ideal candidate will:-
* Have experience of working within a similar role
* Be able to demonstrate experience in bank payments, receipts & reconciliations and general billing
* Have an understanding of purchase ledger and nominal ledger and will have an understanding of working in a financial services/regulated environment.
* Have strong customer service skills and able to work to various deadlines
* Have good Excel and Word skills
For more details on the role please contact Gemma Watmough.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions www.sewellwallis.co.uk