10 months ago
Duties and Responsibilities:-
* Estimating / sales - tendering for new work concerned with geotechnical stabilisation of steep soil/rock slopes and retaining walls, involving drilling, anchoring, netting, sprayed concrete and soil nailing.
* Working as part of a small team, from initial client inquiry through to contract award on a variety of construction and maintenance schemes.
* Maximising sales/turnover whilst minimising company exposure to commercial risk.
* Processing new enquiries / database management.
* Site visits for tender evaluation, calculating quantities from drawings, building up costs.
* Obtaining supplier / subcontractor quotations.
* Preparation of tender submissions including costs and programme, project values up to ~£4m.
* Client follow up.
The ideal candidate will have/be:-
* Experience working within a geotechnical/groundworks/ piling industries
* Open mind - our client does not expect you to know what they do exactly but they are looking for a willingness to learn.
* Ability to influence and develop winning strategies for tenders.
* Excellent commercial awareness.
* Previous construction site experience outside of an Estimating role.
* Drive and enthusiasm.
* Logical thinking and able to work to strict deadlines.
* Excellent communication and organisation skills with attention to detail.
* Proficiency in Excel / Word processing skills.
* Driving licence.
For more information please contact Camilla Burrows
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.