Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£45000 - £50000 per annum + great benefits
5 months ago
As a Reporting Accountant, you'll be responsible for the oversight of revenue accounting, and preparing for conversion across all group companies to IFRS for the April 22 year end. Whilst you'll mainly be focussing on revenue accounting under IFRS15, you'll also ensure that a robust internal control environment is in place, working with financial leaders and fee earners when required.
What You'll Be Doing
* Taking a lead role in converting and then maintaining a revenue recognition policy which is compliant with IFRS15.
* Understand the current work in progress and accrued income valuation methods in order to perform a detailed review of quarterly valuations, and to implement the IFRS conversion.
* Work closely with the Group Financial Accountant and Head of Group Financial Control to identify control improvements needed.
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards, and ensuring the group is prepared for any subsequent changes to IFRS.
* Assists in the development of Group Polices to be IFRS compliant, with particular focus expected in Revenue recognition and Leases.
* Manage the process to value Revenue and WIP/Accrued Income, building appropriate relationships within the Insight team and Commercial Finance.
* Assist in integrating any acquisitions made by the group and conversion to group accounting policies
* Other ad-hoc tasks as required by the Head of Financial Control.
What We're Looking For
* You'll be a qualified accountant (ACA), with some experience in a complex sized business, with strong technical finance skills.
* You'll need to be able to articulate complex financial information in a concise, informative manner
* Previous experience of IFRS
* You'll need to be analytical and logical and be able to build positive relationships across all levels of the organisation
* Ideally, you will have some experience in a PLC environment and a working knowledge of time based revenue recognition, but this isn't essential
What we can offer you
*25 days annual leave, with the opportunity to buy additional leave
*Westfield Health membership, offering discounted leisure and travel and refunds on medical services
*A huge number of well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace
*Flexible working options to ensure that you are fully supported to work the way that best suits you
For more information please contact Faith Collins
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.