Leeds, West Yorkshire
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
8 days ago
This is a newly created position that will report directly into the Purchase Ledger Manager and the successful candidate will be given a full training and support programme.
You will join a growing team and the role will allow start to finish experience of the Accounts Payable process.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills within a supportive business that encourages employee development and growth from within.
This role would suit an individual with experience of working within a fast paced environment and will involve working towards multiple deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy at all times.
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk you will have full responsibility for the following:-
- Processing in excess of 500 purchase invoices and credit notes per month.
- Matching and coding purchase invoices onto the system.
- Prioritising supplier payments and making sure the ledger is updated for payment.
- Calculating VAT payments.
- Dealing with supplier queries and being first point of contact over the telephone.
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations.
- Processing employee expenses and reconciling.
- Assisting with the payment runs on a weekly basis.
- Setting up new suppliers and maintaining existing account details.
- Maintaining petty cash and updating the cashbook.
- Maintaining relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Carrying out ad-hoc tasks such as month end reporting and assisting within other areas of finance as and when required.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have previous experience of working within an Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger Finance team.
- Have dealt with high volumes of invoices and will be comfortable assisting with high value payment runs.
- Be able to prioritise their workload and work to strict deadlines.
- Be confident with the full purchase ledger process.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable communicating at all levels.
- Pick up new skills, processes quickly and be happy to assist in other areas of the business as and when required.
- Have experience of working with the software system SAP is preferable but not essential.
In return you will -
- Receive access to a competitive benefits and salary package
- Be able to park on site
- Join a fun and friendly company and will be able to attend regular social events
- Be able to grow with the business and develop and progress within different areas of finance.
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough.
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.