Leeds, West Yorkshire
£17000 - £20000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
about 1 year ago
This is a newly created position that will report directly into the Purchase Ledger Manager and the successful candidate will be given a full training and support programme.
You will join a growing team and the role will allow start to finish experience of the Accounts Payable process.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills within a supportive business that encourages employee development and growth from within.
This role would suit an individual with experience of working within a fast paced environment and will involve working towards multiple deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy at all times.
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk you will have full responsibility for the following:-
- Processing in excess of 500 purchase invoices and credit notes per month.
- Matching and coding purchase invoices onto the system.
- Prioritising supplier payments and making sure the ledger is updated for payment.
- Calculating VAT payments.
- Dealing with supplier queries and being first point of contact over the telephone.
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations.
- Processing employee expenses and reconciling.
- Assisting with the payment runs on a weekly basis.
- Setting up new suppliers and maintaining existing account details.
- Maintaining petty cash and updating the cashbook.
- Maintaining relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Carrying out ad-hoc tasks such as month end reporting and assisting within other areas of finance as and when required.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have previous experience of working within an Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger Finance team.
- Have dealt with high volumes of invoices and will be comfortable assisting with high value payment runs.
- Be able to prioritise their workload and work to strict deadlines.
- Be confident with the full purchase ledger process.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable communicating at all levels.
- Pick up new skills, processes quickly and be happy to assist in other areas of the business as and when required.
- Have experience of working with the software system SAP is preferable but not essential.
In return you will -
- Receive access to a competitive benefits and salary package
- Be able to park on site
- Join a fun and friendly company and will be able to attend regular social events
- Be able to grow with the business and develop and progress within different areas of finance.
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough.