Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£25000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent benefits and full study support
3 months ago
This is an excellent opportunity for someone that has either recently graduated and has had some exposure within an accounts team or someone who is part way through their studies. This role is as a result of team progression and therefore offers excellent long term prospects, full study support and full training and support for the right candidate.
As a Trainee Assistant Accountant, you will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller and your main duties will initially include but are not limited to the following;
Key responsibilities of the role are -
- Supporting in the production of monthly management accounts.
- Assisting in year end accounts.
- Maintaining and updating cost centre reporting.
- Assisting with month end accounts including calculation of monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Ad-hoc project work and financial analysis as required.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Processing bank payment runs and authorising payments.
- VAT returns and P11D preparation.
- Exposure to the invoicing processes to ensure cover when required.
- Providing support to the Senior Management team as and when required.
The ideal candidate will -
- Want to study alongside working (CIMA/ACCA)
- Be looking to join a growing business that will allow you to progress whilst supporting your studies.
- Have excellent IT skills, with strong Excel skills.
- Have experience of working within a similar role.
- Be able to work within a fast paced environment.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Have excellent communication skills.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions www.sewellwallis.co.uk