Leeds, West Yorkshire
£18000 - £20500 per annum
12 days ago
This is a newly created role due to rapid business growth and will report directly into the Finance Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large finance team where the successful candidate will gain exposure to all aspects of a cashbook/treasury role.
You will join a small but friendly team and will gain a full training and support programme.
This is a fast paced, high volume environment and would suit someone who is able to work towards deadlines and manage their own workload.
The main duties of the role will include -
- Daily bank reconciliations and cash posting
- Weekly BACS payment run for in excess of 5000 invoices per week
- Paying payroll third part payovers, such as court orders
- Daily CHAPS payments to flexible workers and suppliers
- Assisting with the cash flow forecast and updating it on a daily basis
- Seeking appropriate authorisations and processing CHAPS payment requests to meet strict deadlines
- Supporting the Assistant Accountant with the processing of supplier and payroll BACS
- Maintaining contact with the bank and manual entry of cheque requests
- Daily recording of all cash received and updating the Credit Control Team
- Refunding any overpayments from clients
- Investigating and resolving all unidentified cash items.
The ideal candidate will -
- Have previous cash management/treasury experience
- Be comfortable working within a fast paced, high volume, transactional based role
- Have experience of reconciliations
- Pick up new systems and new skills quickly
- Be immediately available or be on a short notice period and will be able to commit to a six month contract
- Have excellent attention to detail and will be able to manage their own workload to achieve deadlines
In return you will -
- Receive free onsite parking
- Have access to a subsidised canteen and a great working environment
- Receive a competitive salary and benefits package
- Join a well-respected company and will be able to develop on your current skill set
For further information please contact Gemma Watmough
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.