Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Up to £32500 per annum + great benefits
about 1 year ago
Offering an impressive 47 days holiday, the option of flexi-time and an excellent pension, key responsibilities of the Management Accountant will include the delivery of the businesses monthly management accounts with supporting commentary and analysis, working closely with departmental heads and the finance team. The role is also responsible for ensuring a robust and thorough balance sheet reconciliation routine.
* Creation of monthly management accounts packs to agreed deadlines.
* Prepare statutory annual accounts and supporting schedules and liaise with auditors.
* Balance sheet reconciliations
* Quarterly VAT returns
* Maintain and update the fixed asset systems, including monitoring major capital projects.
* Preparation of consolidated forecasting and budgeting schedules
* Preparation of forecasting and budgeting templates.
* Review and maintain the accuracy of accounting information.
* Identify improvements to both the reporting of financial information and controls around the finance function.
* Ad hoc project work
The role also assists with budgeting and forecasting, the preparation of statutory accounts, consolidations and leading on the development of systems, controls and procedures relating to the management account function.
The role is responsible for managing and developing the management accounts strand of the finance service. This includes directing team members, setting objectives, and ensuring that work is performed to a high standard and on time.
Additionally, the role involves supporting budget holders in to understand their financial statements and assisting them to prepare reliable and well thought out budgets and forecasts. There is an expectancy that personalised training is delivered to up-skill the knowledge and understanding of budget holders.
For more information please contact Faith Collins