Job descriptionWe are currently working with a successful specialist manufacturing group based in Rotherham with their search for a Management Accountant. The successful candidate will join a happy, experienced and driven finance team who all work to exceptionally high standards.
This role would suit someone who has management accounts experience, ideally from a manufacturing background although a construction or engineering background could also work well.
This business is based within easy commute of East Sheffield, Rotherham, Worksop and parts of Doncaster.
Reporting into the Group Financial Controller your responsibilities will include;
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly review of trial balance
- Labour and costing analysis
- Review purchase ledger / aged creditors
- Review payment runs
- Holiday cover weekly payroll and salary processing
- PAYE / CIS
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Monthly VAT return
- Assisting with the co-ordination of monthly stocktake and reconciliations
- Assisting with intercompany reconciliations
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting
- Assisting with year-end audit and preparation of audit file
- Assisting with other Group Companies as and when required
We're looking for candidates who:
Are part qualified, qualified or QBE with experience working within a similar role.
Manufacturing, engineering or construction experience.
Excellent software skills and will be as a minimum an intermediate user of Excel.
Is positive, upbeat, hardworking and passionate about adding value.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.