Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Up to £40000 per annum + great benefits
2 months ago
The Management Accountant will support the finance team to ensure the delivery of business objectives through the provision and interpretation of key management information. To provide quality information and use this to pro-actively challenge and influence local teams. As the Management Accountant you will support the senior management accountant in owning the business financial KPI's. You will be responsible for monitoring and communicating the performance of the business.
The Management Accountant will manage the day to day running of the team ensuring all daily, weekly and ad-hoc tasks are completed within set timescales. Striving to continuously improve the efficiency and quality of what we do to support other functions in driving factory efficiencies and reducing site costs.
- Ensuring financial accounting in line with business requirements utilising financial reporting staff
- Production of management accounts for all LSS facilities
- Conduct regular business reviews with Operations to ensure adherence to business KPI's
- Assist with Monthly / Quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting process
- Preparation of business analysis to track trend performance of key metrics to identify root cause of performance issues and impact of countermeasures.
- Development and updating of standard costs
- Improving value of management information
- Business modelling for major projects and business initiatives.
- Preliminary analytical review for discussion with finance director, variance analysis against budget and latest forecast
- Drafting causal analysis bridges and other head office reporting requirements
- Ensuring inventory is correctly stated
- Minimum AAT qualified or part qualified CIMA / ACCA
- Strong IT Skills
- Good communications Skills
- 3-5 years' experience in manufacturing environment desirable
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours between 08:00 and 18:00
- On-site parking
- 35 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Access to occupational health
- Various different local discounts
- Career progression
For more information please contact Faith Collins
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.