Leeds, West Yorkshire
£19000 - £25000 per annum + benefits
7 months ago
Our client is a leading player within the professional services industry who are experiencing a period of growth and development and as a result are looking to recruit for a strong, knowledgeable cashier who is able to hit the ground running.
The successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules and undertaking the full range of cashiering procedures and assisting other members of the team as required.
This role is based on the outskirts of the city centre with free parking and an attractive benefits package provided.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:-
* Entering cash onto ledgers.
* Processing of CHAPS, BACS, Faster Payments and inter-account transfers.
* Processing client to office transfers for payment of bills.
* Checking bills and completion statements.
* Entering supplier invoices.
* Raising, checking and arranging for signature of cheque payments.
* Credit control.
* Processing monthly payroll using Sage payroll software and preparing statutory returns including PAYE and NIC.
* Assisting the Accounts team in day to day general accounting duties.
* Assisting the Accounts team with month end and year end duties.
* Providing cover for other members of the team during absences.
* Dealing with queries from fee earners and support staff.
* Providing additional support to the Financial Controller, Directors or other staff as required.
* Ensuring compliance with the SAR, Money Laundering Regulations and VAT requirements in all aspects of the role.
The ideal candidate will:-
* Have experience of working within a similar role.
* Be able to demonstrate experience in bank payments, receipts and reconciliations and general billing.
* Have an understanding of purchase ledger and nominal ledger and will have an understanding of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and have the necessary enthusiasm and drive to work within the legal sector.
* Have strong customer service skills and able to work to various deadlines.
* Have good Excel and Word skills.
For more details on the role please contact Gemma Watmough.