Barnsley, South Yorkshire
£16000 - £20000 per annum
7 days ago
This role would be responsible for a range of accounts duties as detailed below.
- To identify and input incoming cheque details into cheque register.
- To post incoming Office and Client ledger receipts.
- To process outgoing Office and Client account cheque payments, meeting the time deadline of each office.
- To ensure all bills are posted daily notifying fee earners of any discrepancies.
- To transfer payment of fees daily.
- Client Account Interest calculations.
- To post all Petty Cash payment on Client ledgers.
- To reconcile Designated Deposit Account ledgers monthly.
- During Senior Cashier's absence to provide daily cover in respect of Client and Office account bank reconciliations, processing and posting of Bacs, Chaps & International Payments receipts and payments.
- To deliver banking to the bank each day.
- To maintain good daily contact with all fee earners and support staff regarding posting of financial transactions and movement of funds via electronic banking.
- To answer e-mail enquiries raised in Accounts Enquires mailbox within appropriate timescales.
- To support the operation of the credit control system by dealing with credit card payments and liaising with clients. fee earners, support staff and the credit controller.
- Ideally have experience as a Legal Cashier or have worked in a legal accounting role.
- A self starter.
- Computer literate - strong Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Some Knowledge of Solicitors Regulation Authority Accounts Rules 2011 desirable but not essential.
For more information please contact Hannah Bateman
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.