Leeds, West Yorkshire
£15000 - £19000 per annum + Competitive benefits package
11 months ago
This role will be primarily focused around credit control and purchase ledger and will be responsible for the inputting of purchase invoices, supplier statement reconciliations, supplier queries and assisting with the payment processing alongside with chasing outstanding monies.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with either no finance experience but good office/admin skills or someone with basis accountancy and finance experience to get into a company where there is real opportunity to develop and progress over time. The role will suit someone who is able to work towards targets and deadlines and will be happy working autonomously. Full training and support will be provided.
The main duties of the role will include :-
-Matching, batching and coding of purchase invoices
-Dealing with suppliers on a day to day basis
-Completing supplier statement reconciliations
-Dealing with petty cash
- Chasing outstanding monies both over the telephone and via email
- Allocating payments to the ledger
-Advising and assisting with the supplier payment run
-Assisting the Finance Manager with any ad-hoc reporting
-Recording all cheques received and posting receipts to the ledgers
-Doing the daily banking and liaising with the bank
- Working closely with the Accounts Assistant and helping to process the weekly and monthly payrolls and dealing with any associated queries
- Assisting within other areas of finance as and when needed
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have some basic accountancy experience or will have worked within an office environment before
- Ideally have had some experience of the purchase ledger/accounts payable process
- Be self-motivated and enjoy working in a fast paced environment and enjoy working towards deadlines
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Want to start a career in accountancy or finance and will be happy to learn and develop new skills
- Have a hands on approach and be willing to support in other areas outside of finance when needed
In return you will:-
-Receive the rare opportunity to join a company that will invest in you and train you in a new industry if you don't have any experience
-Gain access to a great benefits package which includes a subsidised canteen, travel and leisure discounts and 23 days holiday
For more details please contact Gemma Watmough.
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.