£30000 - £35000 per annum + 40% Bonus* and 10% Pension + More
11 days ago
Offering £30,000 to £35,000, a great study package, up to 40% bonus, 10% pension along with a long list of further brilliant benefits, the company has an excellent culture with fantastic future progression opportunities for ambitious part qualified accountants.
The Joint Venture Accountant will support the operational finance team to meet its principal duties according to applicable Joint Operating Agreements, Production Sharing Contracts, accounting standards, sales agreements and management expectations. As well as supporting the day-to-day accounting processes for all agreed operated and non-operated assets, including revenue accounting for producing assets.
- Assist with the overall preparation and reconciliation of the monthly accounts of the asset operations including the monthly close, posting journals and maintaining the Joint Venture gross and net financial records and reconciliations of such accounts including working capital
- Responsible for any relevant monthly inter-venture accounting
- Responsible for the preparation, analysis and reconciliation of Joint Interest Billing statements
- Responsible for producing and maintaining an up to date coding schedule for the assets and act as the key point for coding queries and systems testing
- Assist with the review and be responsible for the analysis of timewriting and resolution of timewriting issues to relevant assets
- Provide support to, and review of, overseas Joint Venture related activities including indirect taxation matters
- Assist in the preparation of interim and year-end audit schedules
- Provide back-up to audit and compliance
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the financial requirements of the Licences, Joint Operating Agreements and other relevant agreements or legislation
- Assist in preparing various operational audit schedules and queries
- Assist in preparing responses to Partners and Government queries
- Assisting in accounting for branch activities and assisting in preparing branch accounts
- Prepare summary of compliance requirements of operated and non-operated agreements
- Part Qualified Accountant - (CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Relationship management skills including ability to effectively manage stakeholder expectations
- Systems/ data manipulation skills ‐ advanced Microsoft Office user (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Up to 40% annual bonus based both upon personal and company performance
- Non-contributory group personal pension with a company contribution of 10% of basic annual salary
- Private Medical, Dental and travel insurance
- Annual employee health-check
- 34 days paid holidays per annum, inclusive of public holidays
- Eligibility to participate in Company flexi time scheme (up to 10 days leave per annum)
- Life Insurance, currently at a level of up to 10 x basic annual salary
- Income Protection Insurance
- Gym and fitness allowance (up to £425 per annum)
for more information please contact Faith Collins
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.