£70000 - £80000 per annum
14 days ago
This role would suit someone with a strong technical background but with a strong commercial head on their shoulders, as you will be required to get out into the business to support on some key strategic decisions. Communication skills are therefore key as you will regularly be liaising with the Partners of the firm.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, your role will include the following duties:-
- Lead the year end process, liaising with all relevant teams, managing risks and opportunities to ensure a clean year end close
- Provide sound technical advice to finance and the wider business including acquisitions and disposals
- Lead the annual audit process for all entities
- Introduce the maintain financial controls across the wider finance teams and the Group auditors
- Ensure integrity of transactions, to include balance sheet reviews
- Work closely with the Tax team to ensure partner accounting records are accurately maintained
Our client is ideally looking for someone who has previously worked in a Group finance finance function, with strong leadership skills and up to date technical knowledge.
There is a possibility of this role becoming permanent for the right person. However our client is also very happy to consider someone on a purely contract basis to help them through this period.
Please contact Lucy Regan or Emma Dugdale if you require further information before sending your CV.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.