about 1 year ago
Our client are unique in many of the ways it operates, they're quick to react and flexible in their approach to solving problems, safety however always remains their highest priority. If you don't compromise when it comes to safety, have high attention to detail, look for solutions and how to improve processes then please read on:
* Manage, advise and guide on all health, safety and environmental matters, keeping the business up to date with health and safety arrangements, policy, best practice and issues as they arise.
* Undertake site, office and depot audits and implement corrective action as required.
* Based in Chesterfield with regular visits to satellite offices and sites around the UK.
The right candidate will have/be:
* Degree level or equivalent. Minimum of NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety and preferably membership of IOSH.
* H&S experience within the construction/rail/highways industry.
* Experience of Rope Access useful but not essential as are CSCS, PTS and Confined Spaces certificates.
* Comprehensive knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation and best practice.
* Understanding of construction and other building processes, equipment and plant.
* Effective communication skills, both written and verbal. Report writing ability essential.
* Good attention to detail with an analytical and pragmatic approach.
* Ability to engage and work with people at all levels both within the company and our clients.
* An open mind - they don't expect to find a candidate who knows all there is to know about what we do but want a candidate who is keen to learn.
* Full UK driving licence.
Why our client?:
* Leading specialist contractor in the country.
* Owned by a rapidly expanding geoenvironmental consultancy and contractor, which projects a turnover of £300m this year.
* Investors in People accredited. You will be encouraged to develop professionally with a personal training programme.
* A friendly, professional, vibrant company with an excellent team spirit.
* Company car or car allowance, auto enrollment pension, life assurance.
For more information please contact Camilla Burrows
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.