Leeds, West Yorkshire
£35000 - £450000 per annum
9 months ago
£35,000 - £45000 - Leeds
Sewell Wallis are proud to be working with one of the leading and highly acquisitive financial services businesses based in West Yorkshire. Our client are constantly recognised for their growth and success and have one of the strongest and highest calibre finance functions in the region. The opportunities they can offer employees in regards to progression and career development are exceptional, ensuring they attract the best talent in the market.
The business itself offer a fantastic working environment with flexible working and an on site gym.
They now have a great new position on offer for a Group Financial Accountant to join them. This role would really suit a first or perhaps second time mover from a recognised accountancy practice. This opportunity will offer excellent exposure for a first time mover into industry, with regular contact with the CFO in the business and other senior stakeholders.
The role will also offer the chance to gain some commercial experience that practice may have not be able to offer you. You will be required to challenge some commercial decisions and to be involved in some interesting post acquisition projects.
Your role will not be limited to but will include the following responsibilities:-
- Group consolidation of the monthly results and preparation of the quarterly and annual Group Statutory accounts
- Key focus around business wide processes and systems in place, making intelligent recommendations around where improvements can be implemented
- Post-acquisition integration work where you will be involved in some key commercial decisions
- Support with the audit process including planning and coordination
- Ensure that all the correct financial controls are in place across the business
- Analyse and advice on implications of changes in accounting rules
To be considered you will ideally have the following profile:-
- ACA qualified with experience working in a recognised accountancy practice
- Experience of consolidations
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts and the statutory audit process
This position comes with some fantastic benefits such as a 10& bonus, private healthcare, flexible working and benefits alongside a competitive salary.
Apply or get in touch with Dean Stokes for details.