Job descriptionWe have a great opportunity to join a dynamic PLC in Sheffield with their search for a Group Controls Manager on an interim basis.
We're looking for an adaptable and highly motivated individual to help deliver a step change in the control environment of the Group. This is a dynamic and hands on role requiring an individual who will direct and appraise the activities of OpCos in order to achieve and maintain a strong control environment across the Group and its operating companies.
- Promote controls awareness and accountability across the Group
- Strengthen Key Controls Framework, providing guidance and support across the Group as the key subject lead and promoting good practice through training
- Refresh and maintain documentation and processes
- Perform walkthroughs of processes and controls and testing thereof
- Support development of relevant guidance and policy with Group and OpCo stakeholders
- Co-ordinate the OpCo self-certification process
- Provide control guidance for remediation of controls and evaluate deficiencies identified across the Group
- Help re-mediate both internal and external audit agreed actions
- Working with Internal Audit and external auditors to ensure our Key Controls Framework meets the needs of the business and ensures an efficient external audit process
- Provide support for ad-hoc investigations or operational troubleshooting across the Group
- Implement a UK SOX controls framework including all initial planning, documentation and delivery
- Manage the Delegation of Authorisation (DOA) policy and ensure policy is embedded into the Group both at OpCo and Head office levels
- Ensure high quality reporting on the control environment, including the bi-annual reporting to the Group Board and Group Audit Committee
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally be from an audit background (ACA or equivalent) with a strong focus on processes and controls within a multinational context. Recent Big4 experience is highly desirable
- Be highly motivated with ability to take ownership of projects and tasks
- Be able to present information clearly, confidently and concisely
- Be an individual with strong project management as well as excellent relationship management skills
- Be able to deal with ambiguity and change and have strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Have an understanding of 3Lines model and implementation across a Group
- Have US SOX experience is highly desirable - an understanding of an entire SOX cycle and be able to implement the required elements of it
- Have a high level understanding of ITGCs and their relevance to SOX would be beneficial
For more information please contact Faith Collins
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.