Sheffield, South Yorkshire
12 months ago
This role would be well suited for a technically minded accountant who has experience producing consolidated statutory accounts within a large, complex group. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join the business as they enter an exciting period of change and growth. The successful candidate will develop this role and take full autonomy for group reporting for this business.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will assist with creating, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all accounting, budgeting, forecasting and planning and analysis for the group.
Main duties will include;
- Delivering consolidated monthly management accounts for the group
-Half yearly reporting - preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Annual reporting - playing a key role in the annual audit process and the production of annual statutory accounts and returns
- Assisting Financial Controller in implementing, maintaining and improving strong financial control structure
- Involvement within group treasury
-Staff development - mentoring, coaching and developing less experienced members of the finance department
- Experience working at group level with experience in consolidations
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence decision making
- Qualified ACA or ACCA, however CIMA qualified candidates with experience in this role will be considered