Leeds, West Yorkshire
10 days ago
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established, reputable business where you will be supported with a full training and development programme.
This is a newly created role reporting into a Financial Controller who is looking to develop the successful candidate offering them career development and excellent training and study support.
This role requires excellent customer service skills and a methodical and process driven attitude.
Ideally the candidate will have a placement year or will have had some exposure to working within a financial role.
Working within a small Finance team the successful candidate will initially take on transactional duties but will quickly progress to supporting on the management accounts.
- Assisting in the production and presentation of monthly management accounts including journals, reconciliations, variance analysis and accounts preparation.
- Assisting in the production and delivery of the monthly management information pack.
- Assisting in the preparation of the quarterly VAT return, annual HMRC tax compliance returns.
- Maintaining and updating control accounts including calculation of monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Ad-hoc project work and financial analysis as required.
- Costing Analysis.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintaining company fixed asset registers.
- Analysis of credit card and cash expenses.
- Bookkeeping for subsidiary companies.
- Reconciling data.
- Providing support to the Senior Management team as and when required.
- Initially starting in a transactional role and assisting with the billing side.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Be an Accountancy graduate.
- Be looking to join a growing business that will allow you to progress whilst supporting your studies.
- Have excellent IT skills, with strong Excel skills.
- Have experience of working within a similar role.
- Be able to work within a fast paced environment.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Have excellent communication skills.
For more information please contact Gemma Watmough.
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.