£50000 - £60000 per annum + + car + bonus
9 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, proactive and commercially astute Financial Controller to join the business to take on a key role in the business achieving their goals.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business with fantastic values and working culture. The successful candidate will join a highly credible, driven leadership team, as they embark on their next steps in growing the business. This is a truly exceptional company to work for where employee contributions to the success of the business are recognised and rewarded.
* Line management responsibility for the finance department
* Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
* Provide leadership to the Board's finance strategy to optimise the company's financial performance and strategic positioning
* Ensure that company's financial systems, policies and procedures are robust, legally compliant and fit for purpose
* Report to the board and the group on the financial performance of the company including forecasting and identification of developing risks
* Lead the preparation of monthly management and annual statutory accounts
* Lead on production of weekly forecasting procedures
* Lead on the development of the annual budget and other financial planning as required
* Produce financial forecasts, including identification and quantification of key risks and opportunities
* Lead reporting on relevant performance measurements across the business at an appropriate level
* Ensure careful cash management to maximise cash flow
* Develop and oversee financial control procedures including signing limits and adherence to them, approval of significant cash transactions and audit procedures
* Preparation of relevant statutory returns and tax payments (VAT, PAYE).
* This position would suit a proven Financial Controller/Finance Manager who has ideally worked within a contracting or construction environment
* You will be qualified CIMA (or equivalent qualification ACCA or ACA with appropriate experience)
* You will be an experienced management accountant with a strong analytical and business partnering background
* You will have excellent people skills in the way of managing people but also in communicating a senior level with non-finance at a divisional and group level
* Extremely strong Excel skills required, ideally with proven experience with SQL linked data sources/Power BI or similar
* Proven experience in developing reporting systems (Excel based fine) and ideally in accounting system implementation
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions www.sewellwallis.co.uk