£50000 - £60000 per annum + car allowance
6 days ago
This is an exceptional opportunity as there's a huge amount of variety in the role, as well as the scope to progress to the role of Finance Director within approximately 12 months.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Financial Controller will immediately be part of the board meetings and be a key stakeholder to the senior leadership team. You'll be responsible for the production of monthly accounts, budgets and the efficient operation of the accounts function. As well as holding responsibility for currency hedging and monitoring of risk positions, being a key source of professional advice to the Managing Director and the senior staff.
- Managing the Accounts department including an Assistant Financial Controller, Credit Controller and Accountant who are responsible for;
Production of month end accounts, production of monthly accounts and detailed financial pack, preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets, year-end accounts and year end audit process, monthly Forex reconciliations, monthly stock and hedging reconciliations, VAT returns and payroll
- Financial Analysis including;
Development of performance measurements, maintenance of performance measurements, development of action plans, acquisition targets analysis and project analysis.
- Advising the Managing Director and management team on commercial and credit control/contractual matters
- Supervising the accounting of the subsidiary business
- Managing the Company's bank facilities and being point of contact for the bank
- Liaising with Group head office Finance Function and Treasury
- Managing the Company's software packages and networks, including the link to the Company's other office in the UK, using external software management companies. The software system consists of a bespoke trading package integrated into Sage/Tetra, plus extensive use of Excel spreadsheets
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified Accountant
- Strong data analysis skills - advanced Excel knowledge, Power BI/SAP analytics (or similar)
- Good ERP/accounting systems experience
- Strong line management experience in a commercial operation
- Strong communication/people skills
- A desire to make a difference in the business
- Willingness to be hands-on
- Can work under pressure and has experience of tight reporting deadlines
- Ambition to progress to Finance Director
- Car allowance
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday + stats
- Some flexible working
- Annual bonus
- On-site parking
For more details contact Faith Collins
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.