Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£50000 - £60000 per annum + car, parking, bonus, pension
12 months ago
Their offices are easily commutable from Worksop, Sheffield, Rotherham, Mansfield and Doncaster.
Reporting to the Head of Accounting your role will include;
- Production and management of the end to end Statutory Accounts completion process for up to 80 group companies for UK & Irish Entities.
- Agreeing a timetable for completion of statutory accounts with auditors and internal stakeholders.
- Agree template disclosures with auditors.
- Ensure draft and final statutory accounts are delivered to the auditors within the agreed timetable.
- Identifying improvements and efficiencies to the current process.
- Working with the auditors to provide answers to queries and processing agreed amendments to statutory accounts.
- Liaise with the internal tax team to produce tax packs and provide other information as required to aid with the completion of the corporation tax returns.
- Produce ixbrl files for the internal tax team.
- Perform reconciliations between the statutory financial statements and the underlying records.
- Agreeing with the relevant finance departments adjustments to the underlying records to agree to the final statutory financial statements.
- Quality control to ensure consistency across all accounts.
- Managing team delivering head office monthly accounts.
- Complete KPI reporting on balance sheet reconciliation compliance.
- Management of National Statistic returns.
Suitable candidates will:
- A qualified accountant(ACA)(ACCA) with an audit background.
- Project management experience - ability to deliver to plan and meet deadlines.
- Experienced in the production/audit of statutory accounts.
- Preference for knowledge of SAP/Oracle and Onesource.
- Excellent communication skills, must be able to effectively communicate across all levels of the business to resolve issues and update key stakeholders on progress.
- Should possess the drive to deliver a high-quality service in order to meet agreed service levels.
- Ensure fundamental issues are addressed to avoid repeat occurrences.
- Must be willing to help, support and encourage other accountants and offer developmental coaching and assistance.
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.