Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £40000 per annum
11 months ago
My client is a small and fast growing financial services business based in South Leeds. They are now seeking to recruit a qualified Accountant either from a professional practice or a commercial business for the position of Financial Accountant.
Reporting to the Finance Manager the Financial Accountant will cover various aspects of the company's financial reporting and tax compliance, as well as internal financial management.
Responsibilities of the role:
* Daily upkeep of ledgers and reconciliations
* Processing month end and associated reports.
* Reconciling primary lease gross profit each month.
* Control of portfolio reconciliations between the lease administration system and the general ledger.
* Preparation of monthly management accounts
* Additional monthly MI reporting as required by management.
* Completion of VAT returns and all other government reporting in accordance with legislative deadlines.
* Ensuring correct accounting of leases in line with accounting standards.
* Assistance in yearend consolidated Statutory Accounts preparation at group (IFRS) and subsidiary (FRS102) level
* Assistance in the budgeting processes.
*A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
*Up to date financial reporting knowledge and experience ideally including IRFS 101 and 102
*Relevant financial accounting experience gained within a commercial business or a background within professional practice.
*A driven and ambitious attitude - we are seeking someone who wants to progress and lead a small team in the future.
*Strong systems skills with solid Excel skills being essential.
*Ability to recognise areas for improvement in current processes/systems and to suggest potential improvements.
*Excellent communications skills and the ability to interact with other teams members are essential.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified Accountant to further their career within a growing business and to work as part of a close knit, hardworking yet fun team.
Good benefits are available and the potential to further develop your career.
For more information please contact Dean Stokes