£45000 - £55000 per annum
10 days ago
You will report into the Finance Director and will take responsibility for the finance team and delivering the financial results for the business.
The successful applicant will be a driven, ambitious and commercially astute Accountant who is looking to take their career to the next level.
Duties will include;
* Implement effective processes and systems within the new Finance Department to suit the needs of the business
* Continually drive improvements within the business, mainly focused on Finance
* Prepare all financial statements and returns for the company
* Carry out monthly reporting, analysis, budgeting and forecasting
* Commentate regularly on analysis including making recommendations for cost cutting and increasing profitability
* Conduct balance sheet reconciliations
* Manage cash and control all transactions
* Work with auditors at year end and at any other time as required, and assist with the annual audit process
* Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
* Provide technical accounting advice to different departments and management as requested
* Carry out ad hoc project work on request
Suitable candidates will:
* Be qualified CIMA (ACA and ACCA candidates will also be considered)
* Have experience working within manufacturing and will in particular have a background in cost accounting
* Strong Microsoft Office skills: Excel, PowerPoint and Word
* Able to deliver highly accurate results and adapt to different business requirements
For more information please contact Kayley Haythornthwaite
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.