£25000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits
19 days ago
* Reconcile all bank accounts in order to ensure accuracy and appropriate resolution of discrepancies
* Responsible for investigating and resolving queries and issues arising from the reconciliation and control of the banking systems and accounts
* Maintain daily cashbooks
* Raising manual payment requests, ensuring appropriate authorisations have been given
* Inputting manual payments to the bank
* Executing payment and reconciling to the ledgers
* Responsible for seeking appropriate authorisations in line with bank mandates
* Liaise with AP team, reviewing changes to supplier bank details
* Close liaison with Treasury in managing foreign currency positions to ensure sufficient funds are available for all foreign payments, and to minimise financial risk
* Updating monthly exchange rates
* Comply with security, external and internal audit requirements
* Build and maintain relationships with the collections team to ensure accurate and timely information on customer receipts with purchase ledger, ensuring they have been communicated to the cash collection teams
* Identify and escalate potential systems and process improvements in order to promote continuous improvement and increased efficiency
* Maintain standard operating procedures documentation, addresses and contacts
* Support invoice discounting process and other funding administration
A high standard of general education, including Maths GCSE or equivalent. Relevant cashier/banking experience essential given the context and compliance issues within the role. Good working knowledge of accounting software packages. Advanced IT skills including Microsoft Office preferred. Strong team working and relationship building skills, ability to prioritise own workload, attention to detail and strong mathematical skills are essential.
For more information please contact Faith Collins
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.