York, North Yorkshire
£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 year ago
A key member of the FP&A team, this role will be responsible for business financial reporting and maintaining our forecasts/budgets.
▪ A key element of the role is reporting to senior management and our shareholders, requiring a high degree of skill, timeliness, and accuracy.
▪ Cognos is a key part of our finance systems, the person with this role will have to be/become an expert on using this system.
▪ The role will also be responsible for producing analysis on focus topics, where senior management want to understand business performance. This will involve working with the relevant central teams, external support providers, and business owners as appropriate.
▪ Preparation of the monthly board report, bank reports, and business area director reports.
▪ Prepare regular submissions and ad-hoc reports for our private equity shareholder.
▪ Maintenance of pre-acquisition financial performance data in Cognos for newly acquired practices.
▪ Work with the acquisition team to update the full year forecast and the short-term liquidity forecast for the latest view on timings of acquisitions.
▪ Run the annual and in-year budget process, compiling and reviewing submissions from practices.
▪ Support the development and ongoing maintenance of the rolling cash flow forecast.
▪ You will be able to demonstrate experience of working in a fast-paced finance team producing accurate and reliable works to deadlines.
▪ Experience of entrepreneurial, acquisitive and/or private equity backed environments would be desirable but not essential. Experience in a related sector (e.g. Healthcare) would be advantageous.
▪ You will be able to demonstrate a track record of not just repeating processes but interpreting the data to support a business need. You will also have shown initiative in finding ways to improve processes in finance and the wider business.
▪ Knowledge of Cognos, Navision, or similar software advantageous. But an aptitude to learn new systems quickly and be adaptable is more important than prior knowledge.
▪ Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the business to influence outcomes.
▪ Advanced Excel skills are essential. This should include the ability to build and maintain reports for a multi-site operation that are flexible, reliable, and quick to operate.
▪ Strong written and verbal presentation skills, including high quality simple reporting in Powerpoint.
▪ Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to produce accurate work at pace.
▪ A team player, who recognises how their work contributes to the overall success of the business.
For more information please contact Mathew Kaye at Sewell Wallis.
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.