Pension + Life Assurance
7 months ago
Benefits:- £35,000 to £40,000 + Training + Life Assurance + Pension
Duties and Responsibilities:-
* Estimating- tendering for new work concerned with geotechnical stabilisation of steep soil/rock slopes and retaining walls, involving drilling, anchoring, netting, sprayed concrete and soil nailing.
* Working as part of a small team, from initial client inquiry through to contract award on a variety of construction and maintenance schemes.
* Processing new enquiries / database management.
* Site visits for tender evaluation, calculating quantities from drawings, building up costs.
* Obtaining supplier / subcontractor quotations.
* Preparation of tender submissions including costs and programme, project values up to ~£1m.
* Client follow up.
The ideal candidate will have/be:-
* Minimum of 2 years Estimating experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Construction Management, Engineering or Quality Surveying
* Open mind - our client does not expect you to know what they do exactly but they are looking for a willingness to learn.
* Ability to influence and develop winning strategies for tenders.
* Excellent commercial awareness.
* Previous construction site experience outside of an Estimating role.
* Drive and enthusiasm.
* Logical thinking and able to work to strict deadlines.
* Excellent communication and organisation skills with attention to detail.
* Proficiency in Excel / Word processing skills.
* Driving licence.