£18000 - £21000 per annum + Competitive benefits package
about 1 month ago
This role will be focused more around dealing with and processing of cheques and the cash management side of the business but will provide exposure to both the processing and billing teams. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with limited accountancy and finance experience to get into a large company where there is real opportunity to develop and progress over time. The role will suit someone who is able to work towards targets and deadlines and will be happy working autonomously. Full training and support will be provided.
The main duties of the role will include:-
- Processing in excess of 300 purchase invoices and credit notes per day.
- Matching and coding purchase invoices onto the system.
- Prioritising supplier payments and making sure the ledger is updated for payment.
- Calculating VAT payments.
- Dealing with supplier queries and being first point of contact over the telephone.
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations.
- Completing reconciliations.
- Setting up new suppliers and maintaining existing account details.
- Maintaining relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Carrying out ad-hoc tasks such as month end reporting and assisting within other areas of finance as and when required.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have some basic accountancy experience and will have an understanding of purchase ledger
- Be self-motivated and enjoy working in a fast paced environment and enjoy working towards deadlines
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Want to start a career in accountancy or finance and will be happy to learn and develop new skills
In return you will:-
- Receive the rare opportunity to join a company that will invest in you and train you in a new industry if you don't have any experience
- Gain access to a great benefits package which includes a subsidised canteen, travel and leisure discounts
For more details please contact Gemma Watmough.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.