Sheffield, South Yorkshire
14 days ago
The Role :-
The Credit controller is responsible for managing the debts of the Businesses. Overseeing all debts owed from existing customers and managing new credit requests from new clients.
The credit controller will be liaising closely with payroll and the Treasury Manager to deliver an accurate and efficient credit control service. This role largely involves building and maintaining strong relationships with clients.
Day to day duties are varied, these include coding of remits to ensure payments are allocated correctly on each account, reconciling invoices, resolving account queries ensuring these are dealt with in a timely manner. Debt recovery, validation of information - PO Numbers.
Evaluating new credit requests, deciding whether to allow credit, obtaining necessary references / information from Companies House, liaising with the Financial Director for final decision.
* Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts on all accounts
* Preparation of monthly statements / reporting
* Evaluating new credit requests
* Decision making
* Following up payments as needed
* Negotiating re-payment plans.
* Responding and resolving client queries
* Clear recording of information
* Managing sales ledger
* Providing administrative support to Finance/Payroll
* Maintaining updated/current user notes on account logging all contact (Phone calls, emails, incoming and outgoing)
* Maintaining updated contact information - email addresses.
Outstanding attention to detail is a must, ability to reconcile accounts, identifying mis-allocations. Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed.
Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office and accountancy software in general
Ability to maintain excellent relationships with external customers and internal colleagues.
Professional, confident and diplomatic when liaising with others.
Full Time 35 Hours per week- 5 Days, Monday to Friday 8:30 - 16:30 (1 Hour Lunch)
For more information please contact Matt Hurt
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.