£45000 - £55000 per annum
11 days ago
This is a hands on role that requires a confident, well rounded accountant who can demonstrate the ability to influence decision makers at stakeholder level. The successful candidate will take full accounting responsibility for one part of the business from invoice posting, to preparing the management accounts pack and presenting the full board pack with commentary. Further duties include;
- Production of monthly management accounts and supporting schedules. Review and explain variances to budget/forecast/previous year. Producing support for all nominal ledger balances
- Maintain fixed asset model to enable easy extraction of half year and year end summaries, ensuring profit/losses on disposals are identified and fully documented on a timely basis.
- Maintain cash book and ensure bank reconciliation is accurate and items posted on a daily basis.
- Attend warehouse stock takes to ensure these are carried out accurately and appropriately as required.
- Own the margin report for the company identifying any anomalies and carrying out extensive reviews of products to ensure correct margins are being achieved.
- Review stock price file and ensure goods are invoiced at correct price.
- Monthly stock reconciliation of the company's multisite warehouses.
- Identify areas for improvement in the utilisation of the existing finance and warehouse system.
Suitable candidates will;
- Be CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified
- Relevant management accounting, margin and stock analysis and business partnering
- Excellent Excel and technical systems skills
- Good inter-personal skills and able to communicate appropriately at different levels.
- Self motivated and ability to clearly demonstrate that all tasks essential to the job function have been properly fulfilled.
For more information please contact Kayley Haythornthwaite
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.