Leeds, West Yorkshire
£18000 - £21000 per annum
3 months ago
The role itself will report directly into the Credit Manager but the successful candidate will gain exposure to the Financial Director and will gain start to finish credit control experience.
This is a great opportunity to join a business where you can really grow with the business and develop and progress, long term wise.
The main duties of the role will be:-
- Reviewing and analysing aged debt and making high volumes of calls to recover monies.
- Dealing with high volumes of complex queries and resolving them.
- Agreeing debt collection targets and negotiating payment plans.
- Payment handling.
- Ensuring that credit notes are processed correctly, monitoring reasons for credit notes being raised.
- Identifying problem debts that require escalation and liaising with the Credit Control Manager as appropriate.
- Maintaining relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Actively engaging, on a monthly basis, with managers and partners on debt status and preparing monthly summary reports.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required such as running system reports.
-Have experience of working within a collections/credit control role and will have proven experience of reducing aged debt.
- Be comfortable within a high volume, call orientated, target driven environment.
- Have experience of working within a fast paced environment.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to communicate at all levels and be able to liaise with managers and clients.
- Be able to prioritise your own workload to meet deadlines.
- Have strong IT skills and in particular Excel.
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough.
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.