Job descriptionSewell Wallis recruitment are extremely excited to be working with a dynamic and vibrant business who are based in the centre of Sheffield. Due to expansion my client are looking to recruit a Billing Assistant on a permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate or someone who has previous billings experience. The role is offering a competitive salary of up to £25,000 and will offer hybrid working of 2/3 days in the office and the rest from home.
- The production of timely and accurate legal bills
- Generation of on-line paperless proformas for the global business
- Assist the business in achieving billing targets on a monthly basis, cash collection and other financial targets
- Timely processing of bills based on proforma instructions within agreed SLAs
- Ensure compliance with client guidelines, terms and conditions / ensuring compliance with the firms agreed billing processes and procedures throughout
- Check VAT and numerical calculations on bills, and compliance to VAT and Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Generate draft bills when required based on proforma instructions from stakeholders
- Forward draft bills to reviewers and editors as required and deal with all necessary amendments/corrections
- Edit narratives, transfer costs and fees, write offs and other changes required to create a draft or final bill
- Experience in billings or sales ledger
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience producing legal bills (desirable)
- Good eye for detail
- Experience with VAT calculations (desirable)
- Working from home 50% of the time
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 50% payment towards any gym membership
- 25 days holiday which will increase to 28 + statutory days
- Study support
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.