Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£22000 - £24000 per annum
20 days ago
General Responsibilities :-
- Preparation and support in the production and presentation of monthly management accounts including journals, reconciliations, variance analysis and accounts preparation
- Maintaining and updating control accounts
- Posting Cash Book entries and Bank Reconciliations
- Maintaining Cash Flow Projections
- Preparing Weekly Trading Summaries
- Assisting with the Sales Ledger including Credit Control
- Calculating monthly Accruals and Prepayments
- Ad-hoc project work and financial analysis as required
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly VAT return
- Direct Costs analysis and review of accounts to identify potential under/overspends on a timely basis in order that remedial action may be taken as appropriate.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintaining company fixed asset registers
- Any other duties, commensurate with the grade of the post
Skills and Experience :-
- Knowledge of financial procedures and accounting concepts, gained either through relevant qualifications CIMA/ACCA/AAT or equivalent financial accounting work experience within a commercial environment
- Experience of management accounts preparation and the underlying principles of the accruals concept within a commercial environment
- Experience of working with Sage 200 in a commercial operational environment.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to express complicated financial information meaningfully to a non-specialist audience.
- Ability to interpret financial data and information and report to differing audiences.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, report writing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret financial data.
- The ability to analyse, interpret and effectively communicate financial information
- Taking ownership of accounting problems identified and following through, undertaking investigation, clarification and appropriate corrective action.
- IT knowledge, including database systems, word, advanced excel, e-mail, accessing information via / portals and Management information reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience of responding efficiently and effectively to phone and email enquiries.
- Well-developed problem solving skills with the ability to manage both routine and complex information and processes effectively Desirable
- Experienced interpreting, quantifying and reporting financial performance, financial planning, forecasting, budget monitoring and control.
- Experience of working both as an individual and as part of a larger team
- Knowledge of payroll systems and journal uploads / interfaces from SAGE Payroll system.
For more information please contact Matt Hurt
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted.