£20000 - £23000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
about 1 month ago
This role reports directly into the Accounts Payable Manager and the successful candidate will be given a full training and support programme. You will join a growing and friendly team and will join a supportive business that encourages employee development and growth from within.
The company are offering hybrid working and a competitive benefits package including paid gym membership and the opportunity to earn bonus.
This role would suit an individual with experience of working within a fast paced environment and will involve working towards multiple deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy at all times.
As the Accounts Payable Assistant you will have full responsibility for the following:-
- Processing high volumes of purchase invoices and credit notes per month.
- Matching and coding purchase invoices onto the system.
- Calculating VAT payments.
- Dealing with supplier queries and being first point of contact over the telephone.
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations.
- Processing employee expenses and reconciling.
- Setting up new suppliers and maintaining existing account details.
- Maintaining petty cash and updating the cashbook.
- Maintaining relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Carrying out ad-hoc tasks such as month end reporting and assisting within other areas of finance as and when required.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have previous experience of working within an Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger Finance team.
- Ideally be immediately available or available on a short notice period however candidates with a months notice will definitely be considered.
- Have dealt with high volumes of invoices and will be comfortable assisting with high value payment runs.
- Be able to prioritise their workload and work to strict deadlines.
- Be confident with the full purchase ledger process.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable communicating at all levels.
- Pick up new skills, processes quickly and be happy to assist in other areas of the business as and when required.
In return you will receive :-
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Competitive benefits package with potential opportunity to earn bonus, paid gym membership and an early finish on a Friday
- Full training and support from a very experience finance team
- Free onsite parking
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.