Leeds, West Yorkshire
£19000 - £23500 per annum + benefits
about 1 month ago
This is a newly created role due to rapid growth and will report directly into the Finance Manager. This is a great opportunity to join a small, friendly and well established finance team where you will be responsible for the full accounts process.
This is an extremely varied role, providing full exposure to all aspects of accounts and would suit someone who is able to work towards deadlines and manage their own workload. The successful candidate will join a reputable company that really do develop and promote from within and will be given full training and development.
You will be responsible for all aspects of accounting and financial management including:-
- Ensuring completion of purchase orders for all expenses
- Ensuring all purchase orders have correct authority before goods are ordered
- Invoice approvals, validations and adjustments
- Maintaining both the sales and purchase ledgers and being first point of contact for any queries
-Issuing correct invoices within company time frames and posting cheques and BACS accurately onto the ledger
- Reviewing ledger on a daily basis to ensure all balances are less than 7 days and to resolve any outstanding issues with relevant parties
- Responsible for the credit control process for the business and chasing any outstanding monies both over the phone and via email
- Carrying out bank reconciliations
- Cash book postings and daily banking
- Management of the company's credit cards and cash incentive process
- Generating payment runs and processing petty cash
- Inputting and posting entries to the cashbook and processing cash receipts and allocating to the ledger
The ideal candidate will have:-
- All round accountancy experience within a similar role
- The AAT qualification or have the relevant all round accounting experience
- Ideally have had exposure to Sage Line 50
- Be self motivated and enjoy working in a fast paced environment working to deadlines
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Have a hands on approach
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions www.sewellwallis.co.uk